Sleep Center Referrals
Specializing in Chronic Sleep Disorders
Since 2004, The Spine Hospital of Louisiana’s Sleep Center has helped physicians all over South Louisiana properly diagnose their patients’ chronic sleep disorders. We look forward to the opportunity to helping you improve the quality of sleep and overall health of your patients.
To Refer Your Patient to The Spine Hospital Sleep Center
- Contact our Sleep Study Coordinator, Danielle Stewart, directly at (225) 763-9900 ext. 164, or
- Download our Sleep Center referral form and fax completed form with proper documentation to (225) 906-4840.
- Our Sleep Center will call the patient to schedule a study.
- In the event a patient is not able to be scheduled at our Sleep Center due to insurance constraints, your office will be notified.
Sleep Study Results
Once a sleep study is scored and interpreted, the results will always be forwarded to you in a timely manner so that you can focus on providing your patients appropriate treatment. Patient follow-up can be managed by either the Medical Director of our Sleep Center, or you, the referring physician.
About The Spine Hospital Sleep Center
The Spine Hospital of Louisiana Sleep Center is a full-service sleep center specializing in the evaluation of a wide range of adult sleep disorders. There are many sleep centers in Baton Rouge, but we have been around over 15 years and remain one of the area’s only sleep centers accredited by the American American Academy of Sleep Medicine (AASM). Providers who refer to The Spine Hospital of Louisiana can rest assured that their patients will always receive a 5-star level of care from our award-winning hospital and staff.
The Spine Hospital’s Sleep Center offers two spacious bedroom laboratories, as well as at-home sleep testing (HST), to expertly analyze your patients’ sleep disturbances. All sleep evaluations and treatments are coordinated by The Spine Hospital Sleep Center’s Medical Director, Robert Hinkle, MD, FCCP, FAASM. Dr. Hinkle is dual-board certified in Sleep Medicine and Pulmonology/Critical care and has over 20 years of experience helping patients with sleep disorders.
Sleep Conditions Evaluated
- Sleep Apnea
- Restless Leg Syndrome
- Shift Work Disorder
- REM Sleep Behavior Disorder
- Sleep Walking
- Sleep Terrors
The Spine Hospital currently accepts the following major insurances:
- Aetna Healthcare (Coventry, First Health, Meritain)
- Bayou Medical Management (BMM)
- Benefit Management
- Best Care / Beech Street
- Blue Cross Blue Shield (HMO-PPO)
- Cigna / First Choice
- DHP Medical Management
- FARA Work Comp
- Humana / Humana Gold Plus
- La Medicaid (Molina Healthcare)
- LUBA Work Comp
- LWCC Work Comp
- Medicare Part A & B
- Medicare Railroad
- Peoples Health (excludes Lab)
- PPO Plus